Newsmakers for June 27, 2020:
• The following students at Northwest Mississippi Community College were named to the president’s list for the spring semster: Shelby Reynolds and Carlos Rice of Greenwood, Channing Goss of Carrollton, Bethany Robbins and Andrea Weeks of Vaiden, Tucker Tindle of McCarley and Anna Neely of Holcomb. The list includes students completing a minimum of 12 academic hours with a 3.75 or better average in a four-point system.
• The following students at Northwest Mississippi Community College were named to the vice president’s list for the spring semster: Nolan Blakney and Oscseonia Hunt of Greenwood and Kristina Horton of Carrollton. Those students completing 12 or more semester hours with a grade point average of 3.50 to 3.74 are named to the list.
• Andrea Weeks of Vaiden is among the list of distinguished Northwest Mississippi Community College students to be recognized as an Outstanding Student during the 2019-2020 school year. Weeks was recognized as the Outstanding Student in General College Chemistry. One outstanding student is chosen by faculty for each pathway or program within a department.
• The following students graduated from The University of Alabama: Georgia Lee Milton of Carrollton, Bachelor of Arts; and Nigel Knott of Vaiden, Bachelor of Arts in Communication & Information Sciences.
• The following students were named president’s scholars at Hinds Community College for the spring semester: Kiona Ewing and Keelon Fletcher of Greenwood, James Daves of Carrollton, Kendred Brown of Glendora and Donald Brown of Holcomb. Each had a cumulative grade point average of 4.0.
• Makiyah Wallace of Greenwood was named a dean’s scholar at Hinds Community College for the spring semester. A dean’s scholar must have a cumulative grade point average between 3.5 amd 3.9.
• The following area students were named to the president’s list for the 2020 spring semester at Mississippi State University: Anna Katherine Alderman, Amanda Claire Bush, Analise Rivers Bush, Brian E. Gary, Rebecca Eleanor Knight, Ally Elizabeth Long, Callie Lane Lyon, Mollie Mitchell Malouf, Graydon Wells McCool, Angelique Carmela Mickens, Anna Lynn Pilecki, Jarrod Woods Rose, Helen Olmsted Singleton, Marquiss A’Kil Spencer, Sara Elizabeth Storms and John Coleman Tyler, all of Greenwood, and Anna Claire Garrard, Wesley Wilson Neely and Cody Cooper Perkins, all of Itta Bena. Students on the president's list achieved a 3.80 or better grade-point average, based on a 4.0 scale, while completing at least 12 semester hours of course work with no incomplete grades or grades lower than a C.
• The following area students were named to the dean’s list for the 2020 spring semester at Mississippi State University: Nada Ahmed-Saad Abdel-Aziz, William Anderson Braswell, Dominick Wesley Brown, Haynes Philip Camp, Caleb Hampton Christian, Cameron Montrease Ervin, Ashleigh Katelynn Everett, Elizabeth Ruth Gallagher, Chantorri Renee Gallion, Mariah Nicole Gatlin, Cody Miles Holmes, Catherine Grace Lary, William Smith Lyon, Darius Derrell Sandford, Bramya D. Smith and Narada Connell Smith, all of Greenwood; Melvin D. Hudson of Itta Bena; Essence E’Lairra Stovall of Minter City; and Bethany Lynn Tillman of Schlater. Students on the dean’s list each achieved a grade-point average between 3.5 and 3.79, while completing at least 12 semester hours of course work with no incomplete grades or grades lower than a C.
• The following area students graduated from Mississippi State University after the spring semester:
College of Arts and Sciences
Greenwood: Ashea Brianonya Cole, Bachelor of Arts; and Angelique Carmela Mickens, Bachelor of Arts
College of Education
Greenwood: Lindsi Nicole Breaux, Bachelor of Science; Chantorri Renee Gallion, Bachelor of Science; and Callie Lane Lyon, Bachelor of Science (magna cum laude)
College of Business
Greenwood: Mary Hannah Jarman, Master of Business Administration; and Anna Lynn Pilecki, Bachelor of Business Administration (summa cum laude)
College of Ag & Life Sciences
Schlater: Bethany Lynn Tillman, Bachelor of Science (summa cum laude)